To give glory to God by making disciples who make disciples: starting with our neighbors and extending to all nations.
- BIBLICAL PREACHING: explanatory and application-oriented (2 Timothy 4:1-4)
PASSIONATE WORSHIP: spirit and truth (John 4:23-24)
FERVENT PRAYER: dependent and expectant (Eph 6:18-21)
BOLD EVANGELISM: strategic and focused (Acts 4:29, 9:28)
COMMITTED RELATIONSHIPS: intentional and accountable (Acts 2:42-47)
What is a disciple?
A disciple is one who makes the most of their time to become more and more like Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 5:15-16)
Therefore, as a disciple of Christ the way you use your time is critical. At Rock Island Bible Church we believe there are 5 key ways to make the best use of your time and grow as a disciple.
We call this the 5G life.
1) GOD TIME. A disciple sets aside time each day to pursue God through His word and prayer. (Psalm 84:10-11; Mark 1:35)
2) GATHER TIME. A disciple joins God's family in weekly worship. (Col 3:16; Heb 10:24-25)
3) GROUP TIME. A disciple commits to consistent growth and accountability in a small community of other believers. (Acts 2:42-47)
4) GIVE TIME. A disciple decides to sacrifice what God has given them to serve others. (1 Pet 4:10-11)
5) GO TIME. A disciple boldly spreads the Gospel locally and globally. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8)
As you spend your time in these ways we believe you will:
- grow in your dependence upon God,
- grow in community with the people of God, and
- grow in your hunger to see the mission of God spread through your life.